X88 expeditions - Documenting and sharing overland travels, adventures, and expeditions

September 14, 2008

Camp NL 2008 - Part III

This was the deepest water crossing I did that day, although there was another deeper one later. In the middle picture you can see that the water was to the top of my tires so that would make it 32 - 34 inches deep. No problems with the air intake although the filter did get some splashes on it during the day, I can see the mud stains.
A couple of miscellaneous shots of the Trailblazer.
This was the most difficult obstacle of the day. Everyone got spotted through it very slowly. They call it the "teeter-totter" because if you position yourself just right, you can balance on 2 tires - front left and rear right. I have to mention here that the Mickey Thompson Baja MTZs are an awesome tire. They got me through everything that day, I think I only felt slippage once.

No comments: