X88 expeditions - Documenting and sharing overland travels, adventures, and expeditions

May 12, 2008

Off-Road Rides - July 2008

I sent in my tree/accident story to Off-Road Magazine a few months ago and they included it in their July 2008 issue.
They mostly got it right, here is what they wrote:

Ouch! That's what we thought when we opened the e-mail Alek Grguric sent us. On an expedition to Colorado, he pulled over to the side of the road to check his map. All of a sudden, he heard some crackling behind him, and then a tree unexpectedly landed on top of his '02 Chevy TrailBlazer. Talk about bad luck! He salvaged what he could and purchased an '06 Chevy TrailBlazer to replace it.

I wasn't actually on my way to Colorado when the bad luck happened. I took that expedition later the same year ... in my replacement 2006 Trailblazer.

Click on the thumbnail or the link to see the full article.

No comments: