X88 expeditions - Documenting and sharing overland travels, adventures, and expeditions

August 29, 2008

Useful Gauges - Technical

Here are some pictures in the daytime and some close ups.
I looked up the wiring I used in my Helms manuals. I don't have the actual diagrams handy to post, but here are specs from the actual books:

Power lead for gauges
I used switched power under the steering column so that the lights only come on when all the other lights do.

Helms Volume 3 (2006)
Page 8-1228
C201 Steering column harness to I/P harness
Pin B6 - Brown - Circuit# 4 - Accessory voltage

Dimming for gauges
I used a lead at the headlight switch

Helms Volume 3 (2006)
Page 8-574
Headlamp switch C1
Pin B - Brown/White - Circuit# 230 - Instrument panel lamps dimming control

For ground I tested a few bolts that were easily reached through the side dash panel (the one that is accessible when you open the door). I ended up using one that bolts the entire dash assembly to the body.

No comments: