X88 expeditions - Documenting and sharing overland travels, adventures, and expeditions

November 17, 2007

Custom Lift and Suspension - Body Lift and Sway Bar

BDS 2" body lift

I decided to go with the BDS Suspension body lift again as I like the way it helps with my 33" tires. Trimming is still required to the wheel well lining, and to one section of metal (see my old 33" tire thread), but with the body lift, you can usually stay away from trimming the actual fender, as The Roadie and JamesDub did, great work by the way.

With the lift at 2", the frame rails are not extremely exposed. And with the custom rock sliders I have, you can barely notice the rails.

Hotchkis rear anti-sway bar and poly bushings + front poly busings

I ended up going with the Hotchkis upgrade again, although I first tried the Eibach front and back anti-sway bar kit. Be careful on that Eibach kit as they claim it is for ALL years, however, the front does not fit the latest years when the front bar mounting locations were changed and the bar reduced in size. Luckily the dealer I bought it from took it back.

The Hotchkis kit comes with a thicker rear bar and poly bushings. Plus they give you two sets of front poly bushings, one set for the older larger diameter front bar, and one set for the newer smaller bar.

No comments: