X88 expeditions - Documenting and sharing overland travels, adventures, and expeditions

July 19, 2008

Surco Safari Roof Rack - Lighting

And finally a small teaser to a future post.

I mentioned that I bought the LT100 Safari Light Bar Adapters. What I didn't mention is that I bought three of them which therefore gives me mounting for 6 lights.

I am a bit of a light nut, so I present to you 1/2 of my auxiliary lighting solution. I decided to go with these particular PIAA lights because of their smaller 4" size which does not stick up very much from the roof rack.

The 2 outside ones are yellow inclement weather lights while the 4 inside ones are long range driving lights. Here's a couple of views and with white covers installed to make the whole set up street legal.

Much more on these in an auxilliary lighting post.

No comments: