X88 expeditions - Documenting and sharing overland travels, adventures, and expeditions

November 16, 2009

Utah Expedition - Day 16 - Sep 19

Map References - Day 16 - Sep 19

September 19 track:

* large files - 1800 x 1200

View Sep 19 track in larger window.
Once on I40 it was pretty much a straight drive through Amarillo, TX, then around Oklahoma City, OK, and finally into a suburb of Tulsa.
The weather held up nicely and although quite long, the drive ended up being OK. Having XM Radio is really a lifesaver on these long drives. Not only does it give me access to the channels I really like from anywhere, but when combined with this product:
This day was going to be a very long drive across mostly flatland. I started out heading south from Espanola, NM and around the other portion of the Santa Fe National Forest. The road actually took me right through Santa Fe.
from USA Spec, it lets me play everything I have on my iPod, including being able to use the steering wheel controls!

No comments: