X88 expeditions - Documenting and sharing overland travels, adventures, and expeditions

May 20, 2009

TECORE to MORA - Day 11 - Apr 27

I was hoping to wake up early on the final day and make it to Allegheny National Forest for some afternoon exploring, but I guess I was very tired. I slept in and left the hotel around noon.

I stayed on the smaller Highways for about a third of the day, bypassing Columbus to the south. But soon after I joined up with I-70, headed over to Pittsburgh, north to Erie, then Buffalo, and finally home.

Some random shots from earlier in the day.

Map References - Day 11 - Apr27

April 27 track:

* large files - 1800 x 1200

View Apr 27 track in larger window.
Overall it was a great trip with mostly great weather. I got to see quite a diverse set of scenery. And most important I got to meet up with lots of fellow Trailvoy owners, particularly theRoadie.

My next expedition was going to be to Newfoundland on the east coast of Canada beginning of July, but that is now in question due to various things.

Carlisle at the beginning of August is still pretty much a lock. And I am really trying to make sure I can make my BIG expedition to Utah starting Labour Day weekend.

No comments: