X88 expeditions - Documenting and sharing overland travels, adventures, and expeditions

May 18, 2009

TECORE to MORA - Day 4 - Apr 20

Today was the only day on my entire expedition where it rained for an extended period of time. I woke up and there was a steady drizzle coming down in town.

After a call to the Colonial Inn in Nag's Head, NC to book a couple of nights, I was off. Driving through Harrisonburg on 33, I spotted this:

Map References - Day 4 - Apr20

April 20 track:

* large files - 1800 x 1200

View Apr 20 track in larger window.
If we had only known, we would have invited him (or her) up to TECORE, however, I don't think the vehicle is lifted.

I took 33 east out of Harrisonburg, which passes through Shenandoah National Park. Once it passes over Swift Run Gap, that's about it for the mountains.

Luckily the rain stopped around Richmond, VA and I had clear weather to the Outer Banks, although it was dark by the time I reached the hotel.

No comments: