X88 expeditions - Documenting and sharing overland travels, adventures, and expeditions

May 18, 2009

TECORE to MORA - Day 3 - Apr 19

After a great Saturday, the weather turned a bit gray on Sunday. Everybody broke camp in the morning according to their schedules. I ended up staying last as James and Cole wanted to do some more exploring but I knew it was going to take me a while to pack up as I haven't been camping in about a year and half.

I snapped some pictures of the Camping Lab Awning before rolling it up. Its a great product, very easy to set up and tear down. It started raining a bit before I was done and it really helped me out by keeping some items dry while packing up.

Map References - Day 3 - Apr19

April 19 track:

* large files - 1800 x 1200

View Apr 19 track in larger window.
Here are some closeups after it was rolled up.
This was one of the views from Long Run Rd as I headed down and back into Harrisonburg.

On my way down I noticed some movement to my right so I stopped. A couple of curious White-Tailed Deer poked around staring at my vehicle. I opened the sunroof and snapped some photos.

I eventually made it into town and checked into the Budget Inn to get cleaned up.

No comments: