X88 expeditions - Documenting and sharing overland travels, adventures, and expeditions

May 18, 2009

TECORE to MORA - Day 5 - Apr 21 - Out

I stayed at the Colonial Inn, right in the middle of Nag's Head. Its a great little hotel nestled in right behind the beach dunes, next to the fishing pier. I woke up to beautiful weather Monday morning.

Map References - Day 5 - Apr21 - Out

April 21 Out track:

* large files - 1800 x 1200

View Apr 21 out track in larger window.
The first order of business was to get a haircut. I was so busy back home that I just didn't get around to it before I left. The very friendly staff recommended a place right across the street.

I then took some time to fill my Sceptre water containers and strap them down securely to the Surco Safari Rack.

Once that was done I headed south along Hwy 12 with my goal being Ocracoke.

However, it took me longer than expected to get to Hatteras where there is a car ferry that takes you over to Ocracoke Island. So I decided not to go over but to head back north and to take a break on the beach somewhere.

The building architecture is very interesting, I would assume all very functional to protect against hurricanes.

No comments: