X88 expeditions - Documenting and sharing overland travels, adventures, and expeditions

September 22, 2007

Colorado Expedition - Day 10 - Sep 18

Today's drive took me from Nebraska, through Iowa, into Illinois just south of Chicago, and into Benton Harbor, Michigan where I stayed for the night.

Map References - Day 10 - Sep 18

View Sep 18 track in larger window.
September 18 track:

* large files - 1800 x 1200

Some real offroad vehicles in Lincoln, NE. I believe they have huge Reserve bases here.
A little more varied topography in Iowa.
Passing over the Mississippi.
The day's driving was mostly uneventful. I tried to stay ahead of the rain that was coming from the west but it eventually caught up to me. One interesting point about Iowa, all of their rest areas that have facilities, also have wireless internet access. You get 30 minutes for free, after that there is a charge. They have the nicest and cleanest rest areas I have ever seen.

No comments: