X88 expeditions - Documenting and sharing overland travels, adventures, and expeditions

September 2, 2007

Georgian Bay Loop - Day 1 - Aug 31

Ever since this tree ...
... Fell on my 2002 Trailblazer in April ...
I have been working on a new and improved Trailblazer. My original plan was to embark on a Toronto - Colorado - Toronto expedition in late August. But with the mishap, and the subsequent challenges in the new build, I have had to postpone the expedition untill September 7.

This Labour Day long weekend however presented a great opportunity to test out the new vehicle (which is 90% done).

So here is the Georgian Bay Loop mini expedition
As any canuck knows, the successfull expedition always starts at Canadian Tire. I am leaving Mississauga, Ontario a little later than I had hoped on this Friday (Aug 31), but I should be able to get to Tobermory before midnight. No fish & chips by the bay tonight though.
The promise of great weather this long weekend.
August 31 track:

* large files - 1800 x 1200

Map References - Day 1 - Aug 31

View Aug 31 track in larger window.

No comments: