X88 expeditions - Documenting and sharing overland travels, adventures, and expeditions

September 12, 2007

Colorado Expedition - Day 3 - Sep 11

I haven't been this far west by car since a great 5 week journey with my dad many, many, years ago - Toronto, Vancouver, LA, Chicago, Toronto. I had forgotten how far one can see in the great plains.
Today I stock up some supplies and head to the Great Sand Dunes over Modano Pass and hopefully some backcountry camping along the road. My next report should be in a couple of days from Durango.
Lots of cattle herds. Its been quite warm here as I travel, into the 80s. But cold at night, under 60.
Being passed by a Jeep as we both pass Jeep Road in Kansas.
Huge grain elevators along I75. You can see them one after another far into the horizon.
Finally in Colorado and a nice sunset.

Map References - Day 3 - Sep 11

September 11 track:

* large files - 1800 x 1200

View Sep 11 track in larger window.

No comments: