X88 expeditions - Documenting and sharing overland travels, adventures, and expeditions

September 11, 2007

Colorado Expedition - Day 2 - Sep 10

The Trailblazer is working well, I just have to get used to the feeling of the extra weight on the roof. Today takes me from Dayton Ohio to Topeka Kansas. It is the longest day of driving on this trip. I really don't like to travel along the Interstates but with the loss of a day and my late departure, I will have to live with it for the 3 days out to Colorado.
Another late night arrival. Hopefully tomorrow I will catch up some time and be in Pueblo Colorado earlier.
A nice shot of the Trailblazer at a rest stop in Indiana. Not too much time for stopping and taking in the sights, but some interesting things along the way nevertheless. Huge cross outside of Effingham Illinois.
Mississippi river
Just outside of Kansas City. I wish I was here earlier, it would have been a great dinner.

Map References - Day 2 - Sep 10

September 10 track:

* large files - 1800 x 1200

View Sep 10 track in larger window.

No comments: