X88 expeditions - Documenting and sharing overland travels, adventures, and expeditions

September 22, 2007

Colorado Expedition - Day 9 - Sep 17

The weather cleared up in the morning which meant the drive on I70 through Colorado was expected to be easy going. The scenery along the way was actually much nicer than I anticipated, I70 goes through some very nice mountain valleys. It pretty much follows a river all the way through.

Map References - Day 9 - Sep 17

View Sep 17 track in larger window.
September 17 track:

* large files - 1800 x 1200

It goes over the Vail Pass first, then through the Eisenhower Tunnel to get to Denver. I stopped at the rest area just on the other side of the pass and got some good pictures of newly snow-dusted peaks. From my map I think they are the 14ers Quandary Peak, Mt. Lincoln, Mt. Democrat, Mt. Bross, with Breckenridge on the other side.
Driving down just before Denver.
Back on the flatland for another 3 days.
Casting long shadows at sunset in Nebraska.
I stayed in Lincoln, NE this night. Unfortunately there was another major storm at night so I got in to the hotel later than expected and in the middle of a downpour.

No comments: